Antworten

Search form David McIntosh and Elizabeth Pryde m.s. Young

ladymac1
ladymac1
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Grafisch
Den Stammbaum ansehen
I am searching for ancestors of David McIntosh Lanakrshire Scotland, all I know is his sons name William Young McIntosh married in 1947 to Elizabeth Smtih Brownlie. on his birth certificate are the names of his parents mentoined, David McIntosh maried to Elzabeeth Pryde m.s. Young. I know the family orrignally is from Bowmore Islay Scotland and moved later to the region of Lanarkshire Scotland.there are a lot of Davids to find but I can not find any connection to the Pryde famlily. I hope somebody can help me on the way with my search. Thank you very much.
ladymac1
ladymac1
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Akon12 what is that link about?
femuse
femuse
ladymac1 hat geschrieben: 14 Juni 2019, 13:05 Akon12 what is that link about?
I hope you did not click on it :shock:

it had to be spam , and was removed.

be very careful when you see a previous message repeated without any reason.

The spammers hide links in those.

[there is in fact a single spammer responsible for about 90 % of these message]
Le but de ce Forum est echange entre tous les membres.
Merci de ne ne pas me contacter par messagerie avec des demandes d'aide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Si ne répond pas a votre question du forum, cela n'est pas parceque je vous ignore,
c'est simplement que je n'ai pas reçu de notification.
:evil:
elwynsoutter
male
ladymac1 hat geschrieben: 03 Mai 2019, 12:28 I am searching for ancestors of David McIntosh Lanakrshire Scotland, all I know is his sons name William Young McIntosh married in 1947 to Elizabeth Smtih Brownlie. on his birth certificate are the names of his parents mentoined, David McIntosh maried to Elzabeeth Pryde m.s. Young. I know the family orrignally is from Bowmore Islay Scotland and moved later to the region of Lanarkshire Scotland.there are a lot of Davids to find but I can not find any connection to the Pryde famlily. I hope somebody can help me on the way with my search. Thank you very much.
Scotlandspeople has the marriage between David McIntosh and Elizabeth Pryde Young in 1914 in Blantyre, Lanarkshire. GROS ref 624/19. You can view that certificate on the Scotlandspeople site for a small fee.

Looking at the indexes, Pryde looks to me to be a middle name. The certificate should show whether that is correct.

You should be able to use the information on that certificate to find them in the 1911 Scottish census which is also on Scotlandspeople.
ladymac1
ladymac1
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Thank you for your reply. Lucky I found a old family Bible of the Young family. Pryde was indeed the middle name which originated from her grandmother. I found with this info a lot already on Scotland's people.

Sadly I am now stuck in the McIntosh side. I have gone back to early 1800, where John McIntosh Married Barbara Turner in 1805. But the marriage certificate gives no parents name. And I only have found one child being born in 1806.
elwynsoutter
male
No, you generally don’t get parents names on marriages pre 1855 in Scotland. Can be tricky. If they died post 1855 in Scotland you should get their parents names from their death certs, (assuming the informant had the information).
ladymac1
ladymac1
Den Stammbaum ansehen
There is my problem. There are so many John McIntoshes I don't know who to choose. To look into all of them is above my pay grade.
elwynsoutter
male
Married and widowed women are fairly easy to locate in Scottish death records post 1855 as you can search under both surnames together. I did that for Barbara but did not find her, suggesting either she died pre 1855 or had left Scotland.

There’s a few Barbara McIntosh deaths pre 1855 but none in the Paisley/Glasgow area which is where I assume you think they were still living. Not every church kept burial records, so those pre 1855 records are very patchy. There may well not be any record of her death/burial.
ladymac1
ladymac1
Den Stammbaum ansehen
I know the family has also lived in Bowmore and ardrossan, so I have searched there as well for John. However I did look also for Barbara Turner instead of McIntosh....I will look into that as well. Also Blantyre Hamilton area is where the family moved later...
Antworten

Zurück zu „United Kingdom“