Antworten

Death 1897 in Bagneres-de-Bigorre

rvchrr
male
Hi all,
Looking for advice on obtaining a copy of a death entry in the Hautes-Pyrenees in 1897. Have obtained many others from online departmental archives but as far as I can see this one falls just outside what the department has digitised.

The death was of one Alicia Eleanor BRADSTREET who died in Bagneres-de-Bigorre on 11 Jan 1897 (according to her probate). The Bagneres deaths are online down to 1892 but not beyond. The department doesn't seem to field genealogical enquiries.

Are these perhaps online where I haven't found them? If not would anyone be able to look at this for me or perhaps recommend a researcher who could obtain a copy?

Thanks, Roger
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Text
Den Stammbaum ansehen
It looks like FamilySearch filmed the records until 1907. But the film can only be viewed in Salt Lake City.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/785879?availability=Family%20History%20Library

You can also request a copy from the town. I have had mixed results with towns sending records out of the country. But it's worth a try.
https://www.ville-bagneresdebigorre.fr/demarches-administratives

Eric
rvchrr
male
Thanks for that Eric,

Had looked up familysearch but happened upon a different reference for Bagneres to yours which suggested they hadn't gone beyond 1892 either. I see your ref does indeed suggest they have the deaths on mf so that may be useful.

Had considered the 'direct to town hall' approach but like you was a little dubious whether I could get a copy in England. Have now managed to get a French connection of mine to try that approach for me.

Thanks again.
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Text
Den Stammbaum ansehen
French people usually get a response when mailing their request and including a self-addressed stamped envelope. Of course that's difficult to do from outside the country. I have received a few act by email and, once, a large envelope delivered to my US address. But a few of requests remain unanswered.

Eric
rvchrr
male
Hi Eric,

My French contact applied direct to the local mairie's office for me and they quickly advised her by telephone that they were dealing with her request and she received a paper copy in the mail within a week. Don't know whether I'd have been so successful with a direct request from England.

So a good result especially as it confirmed Miss Bradstreet's birthplace as Ireland not France.

Thanks again for your helpful advices.

Roger
Antworten

Zurück zu „France“