Antworten

Two suspected French ancestors (brick walls)

toaster1
male
Hi there,

I'm trying to find anything I can on two of my ancestors.

All I know are their names, and a rough guide to what year they may have been born.

The first is; Adele (Letand) de Beauvert (probably born around 1830).
Married to Antonio Ferdinando Inglott (1831-1906)
Her son (Vincent Nicholas Inglott 1850-1920) died in a hotel in Switzerland (L'Hotel des Rochers de Naye, Montreux) so there is the potential she may have been Swiss.

The second; Rosina (also documented as Rose-Marie) Venel (born somewhere around 1850).
Married to the above Vincent Nicholas Inglott.

I have no idea where they were born, and all of my searching over the years has brought up nothing.

Here is one of the documents listing their names.
Will front page with names (Letand) de Beauvert, Venel
Will front page with names (Letand) de Beauvert, Venel
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Text
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Hi,

Vincent Nicholas INGLOTT was born on 28 APR 1850 in Alexandria, Egypt, when it was a British colony. His birth records may be in UK archives.

For the mother, I read Adèle LETARD from Beauvert. Since no country is mentioned, I assume it is Switzerland but cannot locate a town by that name. It is also possible that her maiden name is LETARD DE BEAUVERT. That would be consistent with the fact that there is no location for the father, just a name.

There are no details regarding the father in this document, but a Geni tree died on 21 AUG 1906 in Alexandria and both parents born in Malta. You may want to contact the owner of that tree.

I would start by visiting a local Family History center to browse through the Alexandria baptisms from the Church of England.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/153689?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Eric
paris75013
paris75013
Bonjour,

in France, according to the database FILAE, the surname VENEL is essentielly located in the area of Toulon in the past centuaries, more rarely near Marseille. The second "nest" is in the East, near Nancy.

1) You can see on "geopatronymes.com" (free) the location of a family name in France. The map is based on the birth certificates since 1891 (4 periods of time, each one has its map). The data come from INSEE, the national institute for statistics. See for Venel : http://www.geopatronyme.com/cgi-bin/carte/nomcarte.cgi?nom=venel&submit=Valider&client=cdip and for Letard : http://www.geopatronyme.com/cgi-bin/carte/nomcarte.cgi?numero=0059557&periode=1

FILAE shows there was a parish called BEAUVERT in Ardèche, but it has melt with "Saint-Jean-Roure".

2) This could be of interest for you : the data base of the death certificates in France since 1970, also out of the INSEE data shows : Nelly INGLOTT, born in Alexandria, Egypt, on the 19th april 1920. She died in Marseille (9th arrondissement) on the 23rd december 2009. You certainly can read the birth certificate on the site of the Archives départementales des Bouches-du-Rhône. It should provide the identity of the parents, their domicile and occupation. If she got married or divorced, it should be mentionned in the margin of the birth certificate, as well as the mention of her death, now. The death certificate can be asked to the city of Marseille (probably the "service de l'état civil" of the 9th arrondissement (no charge, normally) without any legal duration before communication or consultation. The document should tell about the place where she died, her date of birth, her parents, her husband (with "veuve" if he died before her, her domicile.
But don't expect a mention of children, except if one made the statement at the cityhall (if she died at home, otherwise, the statement is done by some clerk of the hospital). This family likely has a link with this sector.

I can't tell you more, for my own research focuses on the west of Normandy ... on the opposite side of the country ! :)

Bonne chance pour la suite !
Cordialement
Agnès
paris75013
paris75013
Encore moi !
I have extra informations that might be of interest. They are about the naturalization of 2 INGLOTTs who became French citizens on the 1st June 1953.
They come from the commercial site FILAE.

* Edwin INGLOTT born in Alexandria (Egypt) on the 28th january 1899, and
* Ioannidis "spouse INGLOTT", born in Cairo on the 31st may 1908.

If you google "Journal officiel" and "1953", you should reach, on Légifrance, the legal site of the French government, the daily Official journal of the French Republic, where all the bills and regulations were published during this year. You might find somewhere in June an issue where the naturalization of these 2 people became official. But don't expect any further information. As a matter of fact, I don't know if this type of nominative "décrets" are directly accessible on internet. Nor how long it could take between the signature of the décret and its publication.

It would be interesting, if the pair happens to be some of your relatives or ancestors, of course, to know what the documents collected for this procedure can tell you ! As far as my grand parents were concerned, they had to produce a translation and a copy of their birth certificates they managed to get thanks to their consulate. But I never managed to find the time and energy to go for a consultation. First, I had to write to an administration located in Nantes, in order to obtain the reference ( "la cote") of the box in which the file is, in the competent archive administration. It took 3 months to get the number ... You see what I mean. Then, I was supposed to go to that service in Fontainebleau, but it was closed for works. Later, its collections moved to another place in an unattractive surburb of Paris called Pierrefitte. Then I moved to Lyon ... So, I can't tell you about what one exactly can find in file of that sort.
I think you could write to the Archives nationales in Paris. They have a center called CARAN. You easily can find the adress on the web, " ... Rue des Quatre fils". They would answer how to proceed now to get the number of reference, to know where the file can be seen, if copies can be delivered to you, etc.

This time, sorry, I WANT MY DINNER !!! :-)

Agnès
paris75013
paris75013
A word ... to cancel what I wrote about the birth certificate in Marseille, since Nelly was born in Egypt and DIED in Marseille.

Agnès
Antworten

Zurück zu „France“