Antworten

repeated premium subscription rejection

Ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website. Report a bug. Make a suggestion.
katsteinberg
female
I am sick and tired of repeatedly trying to upgrade my subscription. I am being told by you that it's rejected from the card holder. I just spoke with my credit card and was told that there was no issue on their end. So it's YOU.
If I cannot upgrade then I will just delete you and stop using it which is too bad since I find more useful information here than any other site.
Zuletzt geändert von katsteinberg am 09 September 2021, 00:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hello,

Click the following link:

https://en.geneanet.org/premium/gift/

You can offer a subscription to yourself, and possibly pay via Paypal.

Best,
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
katsteinberg
female
Thank you for reply but that don't help. I don't have paypal.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
It seems that you don't need an account with them to make a payment, just follow the instructions.

Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
katsteinberg
female
I have repeatedly and every time it tells me my card is rejected and to call my bank. Which I have and they tell me it's on Geneanets end. I'm done
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
I'm sorry there's nothing else I can do for you, the admin will tell you more...

Claudine
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Text
Den Stammbaum ansehen
You can use the PayPal checkout even if you don't have a PayPal account. Just select the PayPal option and, at the end of the process, it will give you the choice to log in to your account or enter credit card info. I hope this helps.

Eric
katsteinberg
female
Eric,
I would if I had a paypal button option. on this site. which I dont
the other thing is I dont have access to an email address to put into the pay pal site so either way Im screwed.
Nevermind people I just wont upgrade. I can imagine the confusion once Geneanet merges with Ancestry.
enkitec
male
Navigation: Grafisch
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Same problem here. Tried several times to subscribe to no avail. Credit Card rejected. Please fix this!
katsteinberg
female
glad to know I'm not the only one
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Den Stammbaum ansehen
If you "gift" yourself a subscription, there is an option to pay with PayPal.
https://en.geneanet.org/premium/gift/

It would be nice to have that option for regular subscriptions.

As for declined credit cards, it seems to happen only with some credit cards, and both sides claim the transaction was declined by the other side. I had no problem with my card last time I renewed.

Eric
katsteinberg
female
thank you eric
I tried it that way and voila it worked. now will my card work in 3 months without doing the offer
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Den Stammbaum ansehen
It should since PayPal is processing the payment instead of the processing company used through the CC gateway.

Eric
techiegirl
female
This site has gotten really bad. I just paid and no premium showing...NO CONTACT TO GENEANET. BAD BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
jyb
jyb
Administrator
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Dear Madam,

Our payment service provider says that "The transaction has been declined by the acquirer."

There's no problem on our side and we suggest that you contact your bank.

For your information, we answer each and every question from our members.
Best wishes,

Jean-Yves BAXTER
GeneaNet

Please read our help pages and tips to improve your genealogy research and to grow your family tree:

- https://en.geneanet.org/help/
- https://en.geneanet.org/genealogyblog/category/geneanet_tips
Antworten

Zurück zu „Geneanet Help & Support“