Antworten

Finding ancestors from Breslau/Wrocław

quiqui8
female
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Grafisch
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Can anyone help me find birth, marriage or death records of my husband's ancestors from Breslau, Lower Silesia? His great-grandparents John Probanski and Ernestine Rose Schmidt married there in 1880. I'd also like to find Ernestine's birth record from 26 Jan 1862; although, there's some question about when she was really born. Her parents' names were Adolf Schmidt and Ernestine Ender.

I've searched through many of the records at my local Family History Center (affiliated with FamilySearch.org), but I found nothing. I also have U.S. records for John and Ernestine and a Polish birth record for John Probanski. The real mystery is Ernestine Schmidt and her ancestors.
slocinska
slocinska
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Good morning.
Please describe the matter in the contact form to the State Archives in Wrocław on request for "Ernestine Rose Schmidt".
I think it can be arranged with them. I had nice contact with them.

https://www.ap.wroc.pl/kontakt-glowny

https://www.facebook.com/ArchiwumPanstwoweWeWroclawiu
quiqui8
female
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Thanks for your help. Would it be ok to write to them in English? I could try to write something in Polish using Google Translate, but the story of my husband's great-grandmother has become quite complicated, and I'm not sure that I'd explain it properly in a foreign language. I discovered that she went by multiple names before she married, and I'm not even sure anymore whether she lived in the city of Breslau or just in the district of Breslau (Kreis Breslau in German?). I'm starting to suspect that she may have been born in Rosen, Kreis Kreuzburg.
slocinska
slocinska
Den Stammbaum ansehen
please write in English, I think they will write back in every language
Antworten

Zurück zu „All countries“