Antworten

how to connect my tree to an existing one from another Geneanet user

hcmohr
hcmohr
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Grafisch
Den Stammbaum ansehen
I am frustrated that I cannot link the tree that I built with the tree that a distant cousin built. Having both of us copying manually from each other is a waste of time & effort. If people are worried that errors might be copied, then have the system ask for acceptance at every generational step. If someone doesn't like to share, OK, let them keep their info private. They can die with their buried treasure. And anyway, if I copy errors, manually or automatically is my problem. If I just copy and I don't learn about my ancestors or a distant tree that's OK. I think Geneanet should reconsider this. It will happen sooner or later, am sure. Please give me an idea of what other platform should I use for this.
edwardn
edwardn
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Text
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Hi,

You don't want to know how many people would copy wrong data regardless how many times the system would ask to verify.
I too was a bit frustrated in the beginning of my membership of GNN. Not any more after what I had to do to correct numerous errors of my family in other users' trees. I got messages from other users that my data is wrong... ;) I verify every person in my tree. It make no sense for me to have a tree full of errors of my own family.

That said there is a very easy way to do what you want to do. You can ask your cousin to send you a Gedcom-file of his tree or part of his tree you'd like to add to your tree. He can do the same. The only thing you have to do is to import this file and add it to your tree.

I also see on the French forum there is a possibility to link your tree.
https://nl.geneanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81578&t=556121
I haven't tried it yet.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Family Tree Maker“