Antworten

John Baptiste Ricord-Madiana or Madianna physician, author, naturalist d. 1837

memphisbrd
female
I am looking for a death record for Dr. Jean Ricord-Madiana sometime in 1837. I don't know the village or town. Could also be in Guadeloupe. I am writing a biography of his son John Ricord the first attorney general of Hawaii.

Roberta Woods
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Je cherche un acte de décès pour le Dr Jean Ricord-Madiana dans le courant de 1837. Je ne connais ni le village ni la ville. Peut-être aussi en Guadeloupe. J'écris une biographie de son fils John Ricord, le premier procureur général d'Hawaï.
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hello Roberta,

This is the French language board: please post in French ;) . If necessary use google translation or https://www.deepl.com/translator

I've locked your second topic: do not post the same topic more than once.

Best,
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
memphisbrd
female
Merci beaucoup, Claudine. Veuillez excuser mon post précédent.

Je cherche un acte de décès pour le Dr Jean Ricord-Madiana dans le courant de 1837. Je ne connais ni le village ni la ville. Peut-être aussi en Guadeloupe. J'écris une biographie de son fils John Ricord, le premier procureur général d'Hawaï.

Roberta Woods
female
Hello from Guadeloupe !
The name John Baptiste Ricord -Madiana may be fake. Madiana is the Carib name of MARTINIQUE.
People in Martinique are still using it today and will tell you they are from Madiana or Madinina. So it is probably a made up name : John Ricord from Madiana ( = from Martinique)

Perhaps he was called Jean Baptiste Ricoeur which sounds more French than John Baptiste Ricord.
During the French revolution, slavery was abolished in the French colonies of the Caribbean ( 1794) but not in Martinique which was occupied by the British. Slavery was abolished in Guadeloupe and many royalists were executed. Some of them could flee persecution , going to Martinique or North America.
I have never heard of John Baptiste Ricord , but I suspect some mystery around his real name.
This is my guess. I may be completely wrong.

Good luck for your research.
female
The name RICORD exists on the island of SAINT LUCIA , which was occupied by the French and the British .
Antworten

Zurück zu „Martinique“