Antworten

Déchiffrement et traduction d'un testament hollandais de 1699

Demandes d’aide pour la lecture ou la traduction vers le français de textes rédigés dans des langues étrangères (anglais, espagnol, italien, néerlandais, polonais, russe, etc.) qui ne font pas l’objet d’un autre forum spécifique (comme l’allemand ou le latin).
db2205
male
Eingabeform: Text
Navigation: Text
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Bonjour,

Ci-après est le testament de Sara Robberts Nelson de Leiden en juillet 1699, veuve de Jan Henricksz Groen (3e époux).

Je peux voir 4 proches mentionnés dans le centre de la 2e page:
Catharina Haneman “hare nichte”, sa nièce ?
Glende Boflij “hare Neeff”, son neveu ?
Janne(ke)(tje). & Sara toutes 2 nièces , "bijde hare nichten” ?

J'aimerai bien avoir au moins une traduction de ce paragraphe pour comprendre pourquoi ils sont mentionnés. Catherine est la seule que je connaisse avec ses liens familiaux (ses parents).
Toute autre information est aussi bienvenue, notamment concernant la présence de 2 écritures différentes.

Merci d'avance
David

Notarial Records. Netherlands, Leiden, South Holland. July 1699. NELSON, Sara Robberts. Minutes of the notary Johan de Blaeuwen. Toegangnummber 0506, inventarisnummer 1344, folio 23 (images 69-72 of 332). https://www.erfgoedleiden.nl/collecties/archieven : accessed 12 August 2021.
Dateianhänge
Nelson, Sara Robberts, 1699 testament.jpg.jpg
jachterberg
male
Hi David,

I see that you are from the States, my French is all right, but English is easier.
Your translation is OK, but don't forget, in Dutch we don't have the differences in words between cousins and nephews. It is all neef en nicht.
Could you place a direct link to the deed? Your placed link is an access link and your placed picture is too small to decifer.

Kind regards from down under,
Jan Achterberg
db2205
male
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your attention.

Here is a link that should work
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApA5tO0J8z49yDbsBP6aslwQ48Wh?e=i7kPld

As said in French, it is the 1699 testament for Sara Robberts Nelson from Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands.

Catharina is mentioned as "hare nichte" = niece , and the one that reads Glende or Glande is mentioned as nephew"hare neeff"(old spellings).
Janne(ke)(tje). & Sara are both mentioned as nieces , written as "bijde hare nichten”. So eventually cousins, according to you.

Those four relatives are mentioned beginning in the center of the 2nd page. I would really like help with the translation of the paragraph that mentions these relatives so I understand what they are mentioned in association with. Catharina Haneman is the only one I currently know how she fits into the family (as in who her parents are).

Also, there are two different styles of handwriting used on the second page (right side). Any reasons ?

Again, thank you for your help.

Best regards

David
kvoet
male
Bonsoir,

Probablement Jan peut encore élaborer...

Sara Robbers Nelsen, veuve de Jan Hendriksz(oon) Groen, voulait léguer une somme de 25 florins Carolus à Catharina Hanemans, sa nièce.
Tout le reste de son héritage revient à:
- Glaude Boelij, son neveu, pour une moitié
- Jannetgen de Pree & Sara de Pree, ses 2 nièces, l'autre moitié.

Le reste du texte (avant la mention de Catherine Hanemans) traite du caractère éphémère de notre existence.
Et après la mention des héritiers, il est dit que cette clause s'applique à tous ses biens, que les héritiers peuvent en disposer comme ils l'entendent, et que personne ne peut s'y opposer.

Cordialement
Kris
db2205
male
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Merci Kris
jachterberg
male
David,

Kris covered the family details. I am trying to find some connections between the mentioned names.

Catharina Hanemans married twice. Her first marriage to Wouter Hammaecker, 31 March/16 Apr 1684 before the Courts. Her witness was Sara Nelson. In this deed called her "meuij" An ancient word, usually used for aunt, tante.
Her second wedding [10 May 1692, in the Reformed Church] mentioned that she was a widow of Wouter Hamaeckers, had one child and her two witnesses, both called a "bekende" . Someone you know, a friend, but not related.

Sara Robberts MELSEN married Jan Heijndricksz Groen 2 Apr 1677. At that time she was a widow of Pieter Wattel
Sara Robberts [no family name] married Pieter Wattel, at that time she was a widow from Leendert van Schagen. 11 Apr 1670 in de Waalse Kerk [Eglise Wallon]

Jan Henriks Groen and Sara Roberts are baptism witnesses for Johannes, son of Jan de Pree and Jannetje Viljaars [Villiars?] on 10 Sept.1679
Both are witnesses again ,this time for Sara de Pree, 29 June 1681, daughter of Jan de Pree and Jannetje Villaert
I havenot been able to find a family connection. Sara could have been her godchild.

No luck sofar. Jan
db2205
male
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Still trying to sort out Glaude and the De Pree family. This record is also tricky for me and again is two and a half lines that refer to Aeltgen Robberts de Visscher and Pieter Walewijn possibly showing a Boelij? or a Maria de Pris [de Pree?]. This time there are two and a half lines beginning on the 6th line down of the left hand page. I am hoping that the two records with 2-3 lines entries sort these folks out.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApA5tO0J8z49yDguqSmXDJVaPReI?e=ej0XeS
Also, there is a record that I believe shows Sara’s twin sister Aeltgen Robberts marrying on 9 December 1659 to Pieter Walewijn. On line 5 of the left hand page the first word looks like Glande/Glaude. My guess is that she was his widow remarrying. Would the person looking for relationships be able to sort this marriage entry out? This may solve how Glande/Glaude the nephew is related to Sara...
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApA5tO0J8z49yDdROaag58HVaocC?e=AONXQh
I am so grateful for any help. But, if this is too much to ask let me know and I’ll try another avenue for assistance. Regards David
jachterberg
male
Hi David,

"Also, there is a record that I believe shows Sara’s twin sister Aeltgen Robberts marrying on 9 December 1659 to Pieter Walewijn."
Incorrect, Aeltghen Robbertsdr Visscher married the Pieter Walewijn [shoemaker] on 20 Apr. 1650. He was widower of Jannetgien Lievens
Aeltgien Robberts witness was her mother Aeltgien Louris. Pieter's witness was his father Matheus Walewijn

Hereby a transcription, in Dutch for as far as I could follow this scribble.
Augustijn van Grootedale, the second line is not clear to me.
Is bij de Regentes vant arme weesenhuijs alh[ie]r. 't selve weeshuijs aengenome bij testamente van Jannetje Engelraers, die is haer leven moeder ende oversulce erffgen[amen] was van Augustijn van Grootedale vercort aen Pieter Walewijn, vrij doch geass[isteer]t mette bovenst[aaand] aan pacht on XIXCLX gl gereet goet te bij Aeltge Robbertsdr Visscher, wed ende boedelhoutster van Pieter Walewijn onder andere sp? belast met een weesrente van XXV gl. 't jaer vallende den XXIIIJ st Meij om 't kind of kinderen van Maria de Vries losb? met VC gl de --?-- van 25 gl ---cols is alhier betoont ,gecass, den 8:9:1694

All this confirms is that Aeltje Robberts is widow of Pieter Walewijn. She is called wed [=weduwe=widow] and boedel houdster. Boedel or inboedel are the contents of a house. So Aeltgen is in control of that "boedel"
jachterberg
male
Hi David,

the second link gives me the same text to the letter, except there is no mention this time of the weeshuijs [orphanage]. I don't see any reference to a Glaude or a de Pree family.
Leiden in the seventeenth century had a large population of French speaking people, I have seen figures up to a quarter of the population. They were political refugees [Huguenots] and economic refugees, mainly Flamish. These refugees set up the "laken" industry in Leiden.
Laken in modern Dutch is your bed sheet. In old Dutch it is woollen cloth, cooked to shrink and it turns into a type of vilt. A job done by volders [fullers]
Leiden also sheltered the Pilgrims from 1609-1620
Antworten

Zurück zu „Autres langues (paléographie et traduction)“