Antworten

I look for information of Portuguese emigrants going to Holland near 1580 - 1640

Moderator: landerset

esarara
male
Eingabeform: Grafisch
Navigation: Grafisch
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Hello to all,

I hope it is okay that I write in English as I do not master the Portuguese language in writing. (but I can read it)

In my family tree in the Netherlands (Holland) I found someone called Sijmon PORTUGIJS. It is estimated that this person was born before 1643.

The name PORTUGIJS refers in Dutch to "someone from Portugal". I have not found records of him or maybe an ancestor arriving in the Netherlands.

Maybe some records exist in Portugal like shipping lists, emigration lists or other that can be help? Perhaps this person was a Jew or converted Jew that fled the persecution of the inquisition?

Thank you for any tips or advice.

You may answer in Portuguese if you prefer.

Kind Regards and obrigado!

Silvio Rademaker
tiamaria
tiamaria
Den Stammbaum ansehen
I asume you are living in the Netherlands?
Dus ik doe het even in het nederlands want dan kan ik het beter uitleggen.

Die naam die je opgeeft bestaat niet in Portugal. Er is tegenwoordig een site waar je kunt zoeken www.tompo.pt maar daarvoor heb je wel iets meer informatie nodig zoals een achternaam of geboorteplaats, woonadres oid.

Succes
esarara
male
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Thanks for the website :)
Dank voor de tip. Inderdaad, helemaal goed, ik ben een Nederlander.
bartjans
bartjans
Eingabeform: Text
Navigation: Text
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Outra possibilidade é que o sobrenome vem do nome da casa onde ele (ou um dos seus antepassados) viveu.
Een beetje zoals hier: https://inventaris.onroerenderfgoed.be/erfgoedobjecten/3700
tchau
Bart
esarara
male
Den Stammbaum ansehen
Prachtig Portugees! Ik doe het je niet na maar kan het gelukkig wel lezen.

Goede invalshoek om mee te nemen.

Obrigado!
Silvio
Antworten

Zurück zu „Portugal“